Advice fixing #13683 (DirectX mouse overlay?)

Christopher Thielen christopher at thielen.co
Mon Mar 24 17:34:06 CDT 2014

That was exactly the problem - didn't read carefully enough.

Using Wine's D3D9 implementation on Windows XP, the missing cursor
_does_ show up, so this Wine bug is likely not a D3D issue.

I did find some old fan-created tools which can extract the resources
from the game's proprietary formats.

As there are no failed CreateSurface/CreateTexture calls, I'm assuming
the code path never gets to that point.

Any ideas on how to go about debugging the problem of a custom file type
not getting loaded? Does Wine implement it's own libc in which one could
perhaps trace fread(), etc.? From the fan-made tools, I do have the byte
offsets within the proprietary format where the missing cursor should be
loaded from.

Also, is there any likely reason why Wine's behavior might differ from
Windows on operations which are relatively libc-style operations?