testbot/log2revtimes: Add a script to extract the VM revert times from the WineTestBot log and prepare them for analysis.

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon May 12 13:59:15 CDT 2014

On Mon, 12 May 2014, Francois Gouget wrote:

> ---
>
> I'm using this script to parse the Engine log and generate a CSV files I
> can import in a spreadsheet to generate a graph of the VM revert times.
> But having it only on my machine feels wrong. So I propose to put it in
> the scripts directory (which feels like a sort of contrib directory) so
> it can be used by others.

And here is the spreadsheet I import the 'CVS' file into:
http://fgouget.free.fr/wtb/vm1-revtime.xls.bz2

And the corresponding graphs:

 * Since the beginning of times
   This graph shows all the revert times since the new TestBot was put
   online. The Y axis is logarithmic so the high revert times don't
   cause all the low ones to be crunched together. Note that the
   stratification is caused by the 1 second ganularity of the
   mesurements. I guess it needs an annotation with the different
   events.
   http://fgouget.free.fr/wtb/vm1-revtimes-all.png

 * Since last April
   This shows the revert times a bit before the VM1 host crashed and
   went through reconstruction. This confirms my suspicions: the revert
   times are not very good :-(
   http://fgouget.free.fr/wtb/vm1-revtimes-recent.png

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>