wined3d: Recognize cards that expose ARB_shader_texture_lod as DX10 capable even if they don't support EXT_gpu_shader4 (try 3)

Andrei Slăvoiu andrei.slavoiu at gmail.com
Fri May 30 12:51:56 CDT 2014

În ziua de Vin 30 Mai 2014, la 09:36:01, Stefan Dösinger a scris:
> Am 2014-05-29 20:53, schrieb Andrei Slăvoiu:
> > After reading the message again I think I finally understood what
> > you meant. I'll send a try 4 that adds back glsl_version check (try
> > 2 was missing a brace). Do you think returning 93 (meaning d3d
> > level 9_3 or d3d 9 with SM 3) would be too ugly? So wine can choose
> > X1300 as card if ARB_shader_texture_lod is exposed but not GLSL
> > 1.30.
>
> What's wrong with 9 in that case?

I find it strange that there are 2 completely different code paths for
determining card capabilities. So I was thinking to share the code between
d3d_level_from_gl_info and shader_glsl_get_caps. Since such shared code needs
to be able to differentiate between d3d 9 with SM 2 and d3d 9 with SM 3 I was
wondering if it would be a good idea to expose SM info to the current callers
of d3d_level_from_gl_info to pick Radeon 9500 for SM2 or Radeon X1600 for SM3.

Alternatively I could leave it return 9 as it does now and add an extra
parameter that will return the shader model. Probably that would be cleaner.