Wine 64 bit

Josh DuBois duboisj at codeweavers.com
Wed Apr 29 08:25:38 CDT 2015

On 4/29/15 12:40 AM, Charles Davis wrote:
> I don’t use Apple’s broken as(1), because I patch Clang, whose integrated assembler is decidedly un-broken. That’s why I never submitted a patch for that. (In fact, it’s possible to make as(1) invoke Clang to do the assembly, if you pass it the ‘-q’ switch.)
Ah.  Passing -q to as gave me a raft of errors the first time I tried.
Clang's assembler choked on unrecognized .stabs directives and would not
assemble, but removing -gstabs+ from the compile line allows clang to
assemble relay.s without changing the movq instructions by passing -q to
as.  I'm not familiar with the impact, if any, that will have on debugging.

It still seems useful to me to be able to assemble with Apples as and
compile with gcc.  Is there harm in changing the various movq
instructions to be compatible with Apple's as?
> That’s great! In fact, that’s actually further than I get building with Clang—even with my patches applied to it. (It doesn’t help that Clang produces broken DWARF unwind info for Win64 ABI functions, which I really need to fix…)
>
> By the way, I can tell you right now that WoW64 won’t work quite yet.
Someone on bug 38380 claims to have gotten even father and successfully
run 64-bit windows code.  All of the 64-bit windows apps I tried seemed
to have 32-bit installers, so I guess WoW64 is really necessary to give
it a good try.