iphlpapi: Add a private network IP to interfaces without an IP address

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 06:34:05 CST 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello Bruno,

Hi =)

> I know that Windows assigns by default APIPA to IPv4 enabled interfaces
> that are up. But what does it do if you disable that and the up
> interface has no IP address? Will it still enumerate the interface?

I already dropped this patch in exchange for [1].
When the interface is disabled it is not displayed;
When it is enabled but not physically connected it displays 0.0.0.0;
When it is enabled and physically connected and configured for DHCP
and DHCP server is not found it uses APIPA.

[1] http://source.winehq.org/patches/data/108636

Best wishes,
Bruno