Prep for Wineconf - testing

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Sep 4 10:58:33 CDT 2015

On 09/03/2015 09:55 AM, Bruno Jesus wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 9:55 PM, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> Hardware is cheap, particularly if we don't need beefy machines, as the
>> expected load is lower.

>> That sound right?  And would a pair of i5s with fast hard drives and 8G
>> of RAM do the trick?
>
> Since sending email is free and the worst that can happen is getting a
> no as answer I would like to give an idea.
>
> Attaching a 15 USD smart card reader to any of them and making it work
> in Windows would make winscard support get alive in Wine. Inserting
> any old credit card with chip (very common at least in Brazil) or any
> other 1 USD contact card would make all kinds of tests work. A sample
> reader that also should be supported by pcsclite is at [1]
>
> [1] http://www.amazon.com/HID-Global-Corporation-R30210015-1-OMNIKEY/dp/B003BKV44C/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Q3S0X9WQJ8A8XSN7GC7

Just to clarify - it wouldn't be attaching just one reader, right?  If
we have 4 test systems, then ideally, we'd attach 4 of these readers, so
that all the machines would test identically, right?

And we would need to add a kvm option to attach this device when we
started kvm, but that shouldn't be hard.

Cheers,

Jeremy