RFC: Precompiled Headers for Wine Build (GSoC?)

Michael Müller michael at fds-team.de
Sun Feb 14 13:15:43 CST 2016

Am 14.02.2016 um 19:25 schrieb Stefan Dösinger:
> I guess a good starting point would be to compare the impact of
> precompiled headers to ccache. My guess is that everyone who wants
> fast compiles uses ccache these days.

Precompiled headers can already improve the performance during the first
compilation unlike ccache which would rather slow it down. This could
for example reduce the build time on our build servers.

ReactOS uses precompiled header files and they suggested us multiple
time to also use them in Wine Staging as it reduces the build time a lot
according to their experience.