Student interested in GSoC 2016 implementing D3DX9 API idea

Xu Zhao i at xuzhao.net
Mon Feb 29 16:53:10 CST 2016

Hello Wine Community,

First congrats that Wine Project get accepted into GSoC 2016 summer
organization!
I am currently a PhD student in University of Toronto and I am
interested in the D3DX9 API implementation task. Mainly because I would
like to see more games can run in wine because of my work!

My research field is operating system so I am a pretty good C/CPP
programmer. However I am not very familiar with DirectX related
programming and hopefully I can get some help from the community, like
where to start.
I have read the wiki entry of D3DX9 API and want to get some help in
selecting a reasonable sized API list, maybe someone can reply and
provide some help?

Thank you!

Regards,
- Xu