Metatrader 5 uses all CPU time

Vyacheslav Napadovsky napadovskiy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:34:04 CST 2016

Hello.

I'm trying to launch Metatrader 5 in ubuntu with
winehq-devel=1.9.5~ubuntu14.04.1
When I log in to my demo account the wineserver and terminal.exe
(Metetrader 5 itself) start consume all available CPU.
And if I'm trying to "Show all symbols" in "Market overview" then
Metatrader UI just hangs.

Here's last 10000 lines of 1.9GB log I dumped with
WINEDEBUG=fixme-all,warn+all,+relay wine terminal.exe > terminal.log 2>&1

http://sendfile.su/1211848 (can't post it with pastebin.com, because
it's over 500kB). Note, I killed process at the end with `killall
terminal.exe`

Moreover, when terminal.exe is running (without showing all symbols),
`vmstat 1` shows that user space / system space consumes 50 / 50 % of CPU.

And one more notice, if I run terminal.exe in a Virtual Box and assign
this VM only one CPU core, than terminal.exe works fine consuming
about 7% cpu, but with 2 cores it consumes 50%/50% with wineserver.

On native Windows OS terminal.exe consumes less than 4% CPU with
showing all symbols (I have 4 CPU cores on my notebook).

Any clues where to dig next?

--
Vyacheslav Napadovsky