Fwd: Participating in Outreachy

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Wed Feb 8 06:28:16 CST 2017

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:16:23 PM CET Austin English wrote:
> The Outreachy program[1] (which is also a Conservancy member project) is
> working on its next round, set to open on February 16. If you are
> interested in participating as an "organization", now's a good time to get
> started[2]! The sooner your project is listed, the more likely you'll get
> strong applicants.

What's the point of this project?
It's basically "reverse sexism/racism". I'm not against hiring women or
minorities, but I'd rather hire people because they're skilled, not because of
their gender or skincolor. Thanks to the internet, there's nothing really
stopping people from getting involved anyways.

Regards,
Fabian Maurer