Wine staging 3.6 release

Alistair Leslie-Hughes leslie_alistair at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 01:12:19 CDT 2018

Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
https://www.winehq.org/download

Summary of the past few weeks
* Rebased to current wine 3.6 (930 patches are applied to wine vanilla)
* Reviewed and upstreamed patches.

Fixes
* winecfg updated to easily toggle csmt support.

New Patches
* Added SetProcessAffinityUpdateMode stub to stop a crash in Dead Rising 4
* Added IXAudio2 CommitChanges patch to return S_OK

Where can you help
* Run Steam/Battle.net/UPlay.
* Try you favorite game: Cuphead, Dead Rising 4.
* Test your favorite applications.
* Steal staging patches and get them accepted upstream.

Special note.
We have re-enabled a patch for MFStarup (wine issue #43607) again and
what does this mean.
It means we need people to test as many applications that may use
the mplat dll as possible. When this patch was first introduced it
crashed Steam
on startup and been disable ever since.  The crashing issues has long
been resolved.

Any issues found wont technically be a regression, however we want to
try to
identify and address any issues that appear before upstreaming this patch.
So create a new bug and link 43607 as a dependency.

As always, if you find a bug, please report it via
https://bugs.winehq.com

Best Regards
 Alistair.