Wine staging patches submission

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Sat May 26 02:04:35 CDT 2018

Alistair Leslie-Hughes <leslie_alistair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you realize that you've essentially killed the project?
> >
> No,  we haven't killed the project.  Just because you haven't different
> views on how wine-staging should be controlled and run,  Doesn't mean we
> have killed the project.
>
> Bugzilla already has a large number of patches that people have
> submitted for
> applications, so for most people the workflow won't change.
>
> I have strong beliefs that wine-staging is for testing patches and then
> moving
> them on, once they are ready.  Since taking on wine-staging we have reduced
> the number of patches by 200+, and out of that about ~75% have been accepted
> upstream.  And in doing this, both project have prospered.

Please clarify some things then since you've voluteered to become new
wine-staging maintainer:
1. what's your vision as a maintainer for the future of wine-staging
besides an obvious attempt to perform a "total clearance" of existing patches?
2. what kind of development is going on or is planned in the staging tree
after Sebastian's and Michael's departure?
3. what's the role of wine-staging.com in the project?

> Coming from a developer, who has ~20 patches per release cycle, it
> strange that
> you have the opinion that *only you* can move *your patches* out of staging.
> Does that mean you have stopped the project moving forward?
> No, because whether you like it not, people are going to do it!

It's sad, but you clearly don't understand the things I tried to explain
to you so many times already.

--
Dmitry.