RFC: Raw-Input Support

Forest forestcode at ixio.org
Tue Aug 13 18:23:42 CDT 2019

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 19:17:34 -0400, Derek Lesho wrote:

>>2. Xmodmap button mappings are ignored, so my mouse clicks in Overwatch now
>>produce results that are both unexpected and inconsistent with every other
>>program on my desktop*.  Is there a way to selectively disable your raw
>>input feature, or another way to remap buttons, for programs that need
>>consistency with the rest of the desktop more than they need true raw input?
[snip]
>Try updating to the latest version of the patch.  Remi's patch may have
>fixed your issue.

I'm not sure what patch you mean, but I get the same behavior with a build
from just a few days ago, which includes v10 of your raw input patches:
https://github.com/lutris/wine/commit/278bb42a93a418f9cc75b10fe9f56b7f07c0a1a3
https://github.com/lutris/wine/commits/lutris-4.13

A quick way to reproduce the discrepancy:  xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 3 2"
...and then compare right & middle click behavior on the desktop with that
in a raw input application.  (I used Overwatch, but there must be others.)

I probably won't track this issue any longer, since I found a way to
reprogram my mouse, and therefore no longer need xmodmap.  Other people
still use xmodmap, though, so it might be worth considering workarounds for
them before this patch gets mainlined.