LONG_PTR and friends

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Wed Dec 4 11:28:46 CST 2019

Hi Zebediah,

On 11/26/19 7:48 PM, Zebediah Figura wrote:
> * Both builtin and native msvcrt always support %I, but it's
> nonstandard and it spits out warnings when you try to use it when not
> compiling with mingw.

I'd say that it looks like a nice solution. Since the warning is
obviously bogus, I wonder if we should just skip format attribute in
debug.h when __WINE_USE_MSVCRT is defined and we're not using a cross
compiler.

> * We could also cast to (void *), or cast to a 64-bit type and use
> wine_dbgstr_longlong(), though this has the unfortunate side effect of
> forcing us to trace in hexadecimal.

It's not related to your original problem, but for PE builds (modules
using -mno-cygwin to be precise), compatibility is not an issue so there
is no reason for using wine_dbgstr_longlong(). I think we should
consider using %ll* instead.

Thanks,

Jacek