RFC: Bugzilla keyword definitions

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 19 08:37:29 CDT 2021

On Mon, 19 Jul 2021, Gijs Vermeulen wrote:

> Op ma 19 jul. 2021 om 14:31 schreef Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com
> >:
>
> > I'm leaning towards the former in which case the definition could be
> > amended as such:
> >   | Bugs with this keyword contain an attachment with a proposed fix.
>
> IMO a wine-devel or source.winhq.org/patches/data link should suffice.

The issue is dead links.

In particular, if I'm not mistaken, the expire script [1] removes
patches from the source.winehq.org/patches site after at most 30 days
[2] which I think is too short for Bugzilla.

Links to mailing list archives should be more durable. Maybe enough for
them to be acceptable.

[1] https://source.winehq.org/git/tools.git/blob/HEAD:/patches/expire#l24

[2] Yet some patches defy the odds like 62608 which dates back to 2010!
    But it's an exception: the next oldest is 62707 which means the 99
    intermediate patches were less lucky (then it's 62727, 62752, 62881,
    62943, ... it's quite random).

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>