Questions about whether Wine will participate in GSoC in 2022.

Hui Xiang zavier2001 at outlook.com
Mon Feb 14 11:40:44 CST 2022

Dear Sir / Madam,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Hui Xiang, and I am an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student at the University of Manchester. I would like to participate in Google Summer of Code this summer. After doing research on previous programs, I was impressed by The Wine Project. I am writing this email to ask if Wine will participate in GSoC in 2022.

I love Wine’s idea of running Windows apps on other operating systems while keeping the applications running efficiently with the CPU and memory. On Windows, there are a plethora of fantastic apps, such as Solidworks and AutoCAD. This project enables users to take advantage of both the applications and the operating systems through running these apps on diverse operating systems.

I would appreciate the opportunity to make contributions to this project if Wine will participate GSoC in 2022. Thank you for your time. It would give me great pleasure to hear back from you.

Best Regards,
Hui