Minimal custom build for win64 Server app

dravion at mail.de dravion at mail.de
Mon Feb 21 03:25:41 CST 2022

Am 21/02/2022 um 10:16 schrieb Eric Pouech:

>> But still, it results in this 700 MByte Monster in /opt/wine
>>
> yes that's on OS ;-)
>>

>> By the way, i had a hard time finding all the configure switches and
>> i wasn't abel to find more.
>> Is there a Document or Wiki which documents all possible make
>> swithces? Are there anymore then
>>
>> --disable-win16
>> --disable-tests
>>
>> ?
>>
>> If i cannot find any more ways to shrink this beast down to a
>> resonble size, i will check dependencies and delete unused DLL's but
>> this is something i dont want to do, bc i fear stuff will
>> break in unpredicable ways.
>>
> well you have to decide what you want... either remove stuff or keep
> in case it's needed
>
> we cannot tell what is needed for you app and what isn't
>
> we cannot help here

Hi Eric,
Yeah, i will find out what is required (should not be that much)
Windows Subsystem for Console, Winsock2, User.dll.

But for example netsh or msscript or all the VCRuntime stuff like
msvcp60.dll shouldnt be necessary because
i build hMailServer for myself and make sure anything runs on msvcp140
(Visual Studio 2019).

But this is just theory. I will test and check how down the Rabbit hole
i can go. This isn't Mission critical and right now a Experiment,
porting this
awesome Software peace by peace to Linux and Macs:

Again, thank you all for your support and and tipps!
Dravion