Gitlab experiment wrapup

Giovanni Mascellani gmascellani at codeweavers.com
Tue Jun 14 09:03:39 CDT 2022

Hi,

Il 14/06/22 12:55, Alexandre Julliard ha scritto:
> - Signoffs are a bit cumbersome (Rémi). We should change the
>    requirements to something better adapted to Gitlab.

I don't remember if this point has already been made, but we're using
the Signed-off-by pseudo-header in a rather peculiar fashion. The
standard meaning of Signed-off-by is something like "I have checked that
I have the legal right to submit this patch for inclusion" (more
specifically, see [1]), while we use it as "I have checked that this
patch is technically sound". Other projects use other pseudo-headers for
the latter, like "Reviewed-by" or "Acked-by".

  [1] https://developercertificate.org/

Could we take the occasion to switch to something more standard?

Giovanni.