[PATCH 0/6] WineD3D 8-bit patches
thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:05:12 CDT 2010
This patch series consists of 6 patches:
- Patch 1 and 2 are resubmits from last week and move some code to blit_shaders.
- Patch 3 disables paletted texture support. The P8 texture format is only offered
on some older cards (Geforce/Voodoo3/G400). It is safe to kill support since games
had to offer fallbacks anyway. This might make some of the surface code simpler.
- Patch 4 disables framebuffer to texture blitting. The current code doesn't work at all.
In the future we might reimplement this code as a A8->A8 blit (or ARGB->ARGB but that might
require paletteOverride voodoo again which I don't like).
- Patch 5 corrects the P8 entry in the formats table when ARB_fragment_program is around. This
allows us to get rid of some evilness in d3dfmt_get_conv.
- Patch 6 rewrites palette reloading code in RealizePalette. This allows us to get rid of
the is_color_fixup_supported check and it fixes palette refreshing when no 8-bit hw fixup is around.
Note the patch gets rid of a LoadLocation(SFLAG_INDRAWABLE) line but it is redundant since there is
a similar call which is called at the end of the function.
More information about the wine-patches