Google Talk

d.nordquest at juno.com d.nordquest at juno.com
Thu Mar 20 00:54:07 CDT 2008

Forgive the intrusion, but I noticed something in trying to get Google Talk running under Wine 0.9.57 in CENTOS 5 that might be of interest. When I watch the Google Talk window coming up very carefully, I see some text appear near the top (maybe 1/5th of the way down) and then instantly disappear.  I think a couple of arrows at the bottom do the same. My digital camera caught the text in one frame only, but the picture is wretched & the text unreadable. After the text disappears, there's little left in the G-T window, except for spaces for your name and password, an empty button below them, and a Google graphic in the upper right.

Dave