Buildbot and Win16 tests

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Oct 9 08:39:27 CDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Stefan Dösinger
<stefandoesinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> A few years ago you tried to set up a Win16
> testsuite(http://code.google.com/p/win16test/). Did this ever go anywhere? As
> far as I remember it never had a chance to make it into Wine. I think the
> buildbot would offer a nice opportunity to run external tests.

So, the problem with it was, it was just all the win16 test cases
I could find, scraped together by an intern who didn't know windows.
So the test quality is very low.  It would need some serious love.

It was also hard because there were very few free options for
compiling win16 code back then.  Things may have improved
a bit since then, not sure.

> I feel like I'm constantly dumping wishlist items in your inbox :-\

I'm currently focusing all my wine time on getting the buildbot
stable, and after that, adding a little valgrind to it.  Then I probably
have to take a break for a while; my wrists and my day job need
more attention than they're getting.
- Dan