ati hangs when user switched and a 3d program runs?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Sep 19 10:10:44 CDT 2011

By mistake, I switched users on my a3850 system, leaving
the testbot running without having control over the real screen.

Perhaps not coincidentally, I got a whole mess of hangs on my a3850
system; they look like

+ cd d3d8/tests
+ make -k test
../../../tools/runtest -q -P wine -M d3d8.dll -T ../../.. -p
d3d8_test.exe.so buffer.c && touch buffer.ok

command timed out: 1200 seconds without output, attempting to kill

or

+ cd dlls/ddraw/tests
+ make -k test
../../../tools/runtest -q -P wine -M ddraw.dll -T ../../.. -p
ddraw_test.exe.so d3d.c && touch d3d.ok
wine: created the configuration directory
'/home/bob/wineslave.dir/sandbox/slave/runtests-ati/build/wineprefix-subset'
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xe8e8fc, overlapped 0xe8e8e0): stub
wine: configuration in
'/home/bob/wineslave.dir/sandbox/slave/runtests-ati/build/wineprefix-subset'
has been updated.

command timed out: 1200 seconds without output, attempting to kill

I guess I'll find out soon enough whether the hangs only
happen when the test user doesn't really have the screen.