counterstrike and wine -- sound problem

Alexander Gretencord spamborricmapson at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 2 08:39:25 CDT 2001

Joachim Schiffer wrote:

> Most FAQs say, that you *must* remove every trace of mesa, but without
> mesa, wine did *not* compile with opengl - support on my machine. It
> took the whole weekend to figure that out...

Wine will compile without problems with opengl for me as I got all the
headers i need in the right places ...

> To check, wheter opengl is working or not, i installed the programm
> "carworld"
> and it worked fine.

What does fine mean ? How many frames ? I get around 15 frames in the third
viewmode (where you see your car form behind)

> (Remember to turn DesktopDoubleBuffered ON and useDGA OFF!)

It doesnt matter what I choose there, dga on or off ... all the same

> Now, i have a Wine standalone (without Windows, directx 7.1 a installed,
> but i think, it's not important to install directx?!) running on my
> Duron 700 with 512 MB, and it runs almost as good as under windows.

So you installed HalfLife in wine not taking a former windows installation ?

Alex