Starcraft (not so) success

Nix N. Nix nix at go-nix.ca
Mon Apr 2 16:28:28 CDT 2001

This did reduce the error messages, but, unfortunately, it still freezes
on startup:

Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working
directory /usr/new.wine/man/man5; starting in windows directory.
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler (0x4c7510,1) - no error checking or
testing yet
fixme:module:CreateProcessA (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE,...):
NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS ignored
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
modify_ldt: Invalid argument
fixme:dc:GetDeviceCaps (0048,94): DeviceCaps param CAPS1 is
UNIMPLEMENTED, will yield 0!
fixme:dc:GetDeviceCaps (0048,94): unsupported DeviceCaps capability,
will yield 0!
err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitPerType Strange: mapper with 8 > 1 devices

The weird thing is, this happens irrespective of whether I use DGA or
not.  I tried running it as a regular user (=> no DGA) and it does the
same thing.  I know DGA doesn't work for regular users, because, with my
previous wine version, SC ran /very/ sluggishly when I ran it as a
regular user.  Maybe it's the interaction between wine and DRI ?  It is,
after all, the mouse that disappears (maybe it's trying to capture it
?).  I read in one of the posts that it is DRI that allows capturing of
the mouse.