frontpage express

Cory Petkovsek coryp at petersen-arne.com
Mon Apr 2 19:02:27 CDT 2001

Hi,

I would like some help getting wine to run frontpage express.  I have been using wine successfully with "Remote Administrator" for nearly a year.  This is the first time I've wanted to use another program.

I had an error code, and as part of the troubleshooting process, removed, purged and reinstalled everything, however continue to have the same problem.

I saw on the APP Database that someone was able to get it to run, however I haven't been able to.  It terminates with an error about an AVI api.

Thanks!
Cory

Debian 2.2r2 (mostly) stable
$ wine -version
Wine release 20010216
Wine exited with a successful status
(this is from the gluck.debian.org auto upgrade)

$ wine Fpxpress.exe
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics missing ;, failed. [C 0 ; WX 600 ; N null]
fixme:avifile:AVIFileInit (),stub!
/usr/bin/wine: line 400:   568 Segmentation fault      $WINEBIN/$WINE_BIN_NAME "$@" >$log_name 2>&1
Wine failed with return code 139
/usr/bin/wine: line 538:   569 Terminated              tail -f $log_name

I ran winecheck, but don't know what to do about the registry error, as this is a clean install (of wine).  Here is a winecheck log.

--------------------------- checking Wine base files ---------------------------
001. Checking for file "wine"...                            OK.
002. Checking for correct .so lib config (please wait)...   OK.

----------------------------- checking config file -----------------------------
003. Checking config file access...                         OK.

>>> Checking drive A settings:
004.  Checking Path option...                               SUSPICIOUS (/floppy is not writable for you).
- ADVICE: Use chmod as root to fix it ("man chmod"). If that doesn't help, change mount options in case of VFAT ("umask" option).
005.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
006.  Checking device /dev/fd0...                           CRITICAL (/dev/fd0 is not readable for you).
- ADVICE: Use chmod as root to fix it ("man chmod").
--> PROBLEM.

>>> Checking drive C settings:
007.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
008.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
009.  Checking Filesystem option...                         OK.
--> OK.

>>> Checking drive M settings:
010.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
011.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
012.  Checking device /dev/cdrom...                         CRITICAL (/dev/cdrom is not readable for you).
- ADVICE: Use chmod as root to fix it ("man chmod").
--> PROBLEM.

>>> Checking drive X settings:
013.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
014.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
--> OK.

>>> Checking drive Y settings:
015.  Checking Path option...                               OK.
016.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
--> OK.

>>> Checking drive Z settings:
017.  Checking Path option...                               SUSPICIOUS (/ is not writable for you).
- ADVICE: Use chmod as root to fix it ("man chmod"). If that doesn't help, change mount options in case of VFAT ("umask" option).
018.  Checking Type option...                               OK.
--> PROBLEM.

--------------------- checking system devices used by Wine ---------------------
019. Checking sound device /dev/dsp...                      OK.
020. Checking audio mixer device /dev/mixer...              OK.
021. Checking MIDI sequencer device /dev/sequencer...       BAD (no kernel driver for /dev/sequencer?).
- ADVICE: module loading problems ? Read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/modules.txt.
022. Checking device needed for DGA (option "UseDGA"): /dev/BAD (/dev/mem is not readable for you).
- ADVICE: Use chmod as root to fix it ("man chmod").

----------------------- checking registry configuration ------------------------
023. Checking availability of winedefault.reg entries...    OK.
024. Checking availability of windows registry entries...   CRITICAL (entry "Default Taskbar" not found).
- ADVICE: Windows registry does not seem to be added to Wine. This can affect many newer programs.

24 tests. 2 suspicious, 2 bad, 3 critical, 0 failed.
Wine configuration correctness score: 54.87%