getting closer to run homesite4.5

Anton Stoeckl as at j-point.de
Tue Apr 3 05:03:52 CDT 2001

Thanks to Dimitry's tip I'm getting closer to run Allair's Homesite4.5 but I reached a point
where I don't know how to debug the remaining problem(s).

I used to get a runtime error, but with getting native stdole32.tlb this doesn't appear any more.

Now I have 2 scenarios:

1.) starting with native comctl32.dll (and commctrl.dll)
- the small centeres window appears (with version info and stuff)
- a blue bar on top + the menu bar appear, but the menu bar doesn't work and my X kinda hangs

2.) starting with builtin comctl32.dll
- I get: "err:module:BUILTIN_LoadModule loaded .so but dll comctl32.dll still not found" (more than once)
  but: the whole homesite windows appears with a message window saying "Access violation ...."
- the status bar keeps saying "initializing..."
- the main window has no possibility to enter text
- menu bar works, but nothing happens if I select any action
- on some menu actions the access violation message appears (different addresses)
- I only can quit the programm with CRTL-C

I tried debugging, but if I use "--debugmsg +relay" and direct that to a file it terminates with a
segmentation fault before the main homesite window appears (thus I don't get the "Access violation" message).

Any help appreciated,

Tony