Codeweavers wine

Toby Haynes thaynes at ca.ibm.com
Tue Apr 3 08:01:17 CDT 2001

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001, nospam at here.com wrote:

> Codweavers wine release 20010305-1.i386.rpm.
>
> I installed this RPM on my Mandrake 7.2 system with KDE 2.1.  At first
> it worked despite not having xmessage installed.  Then for some reason
> it just stopped working!  Not even solitaire would run.  I uninstalled
> the RPM and put xmessage etc on in the hope that it would sort it out.
>
> I reinstalled wine and reconfigured it and still nothing, but this
> time I get the xmessage box telling me that it exited with error
> "failure status of 1", whatever that means.
>
> As far as I can tell nothing has changed on my system, does anyone
> have any ideas that I can try?  I think that I have just about
> exhausted the permutations in the config file.

Hmm. Have you deleted or altered anything in your ~/.wine directory? Did you
delete this before reinstalling? Did you use the ./tools/wineinstall tool to
build, install and create user configurations?

Cheers,
Toby Haynes

--

Toby Haynes
The views and opinions expressed in this message are my own, and do