Mesa with voodoo3

Alexander Gretencord spamborricmapson at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 4 08:50:57 CDT 2001

OK I downloaded and compiled Mesa 3.4.1, the gears demo runs at about 140
fps so thats not looking like real hw accel ;) I downloaded a prebuilt
gears from the dri webpage and I get 1300 fps even after I uninstalled my
Mesa because it did not work together with Quake3 (always told me no
hardware accel available) So I reverted to the libGL.so that came with my
X4.0.2 binary tars. My glide3 is compiled with dri support as without it
quake will run at lets say 0.5fps.

Now why does the prebuilt demo run so fast ? I suppose as my selfbuilt
demos run without hw accel wine does not use hw accel either tho i compiled
it with opengl.

Anyone have an idea how to get wine to compile so it uses hw accel like the
prebuilt gears demo does ?

Alex