help with error msg

Bill Medland medbi01 at accpac.com
Thu Apr 5 09:30:10 CDT 2001

With regard to "
> err:  ntdll:  RtlpWaitForCriticalSection Critical Section 0x40e24230
> wait timed out.  Retrying (60 sec) fs=02b7
> Wine failed with return code 143
"
Can you tell me what Kernel version is on RedHat 6.2?

I also get this with the stuff we are using.  Looking at the wine source
code shows me that it is caused by a wait for a critical section taking
longer than 5 seconds; it then tries for 60 seconds.  If you run
wine --debug trace+ntdll <program>
then it should follow that with a 5 minute wait.
Eventually it throws an exception which is not caught.

According to the Pervasive Btrieve for Linux README there is a bug in the
Linux kernel (sem.c) and so I wouldn't be surprised if the problem
disappears for kernels nwere than or at version 2.2.16

Anyway, I would be interested in any anwers to this one.

Bill