Newbie...WINE setup?

Darren Noll dbnoll03 at home.com
Thu Apr 5 19:20:00 CDT 2001

Hi all, I just installed Linux-Mandrake 7.2 Powerpack Deluxe, and now I
am installing programs. First I installed AIM. That worked fine, but now
I want to install a windows emulator for my games. I have been told to
use WINE. I downloaded the RPM, opened it and hit "Install". But I got
some errors. Now you have to understand I know almost NOTHING about
linux. I am a very advanced Windows user but linux is new to me. Here is
the error message I got when trying to install WINE.

Dependency Problem:
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2) is needed by wine-cvs-unstripped-040501-1

Help! I think I may be missing a file or something. But I don't know. I
got an error like this when trying to install LICQ too, but alot mor
files were listed.

Thanks for your help!