Sorry for asking

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 6 17:36:59 CDT 2001

On 6 Apr 2001 19:50:55 -0100, Eduardo =?iso-8859-1?Q?Su=E1rez?=
<eduardo at dsc.ulpgc.es> wrote:

>I think it was using a wrong config file because i have reduced the
>error to
>>wine SETUP.EXE
>lib: sequence lost (0x10000 > 0x16) in reply type 0xa!
>X Error of failed request:  0
>  Major opcode of failed request:  0 ()
>  Serial number of failed request:  0
>  Current serial number in output stream:  22

That's a fatal X protocol error.
I have never seen this one myself - I think I  remember
having seen some messages on this news group about
a simular error; IIRC it was a font problem - the app
was  loading many fonts and with some config the X
server (or the X library) had a problem.

You can try to find if it's the case by enabling
-debugmsg +relay,+font and see if the app fails
while it is trying to load fonts.

If it's really a font problem, the solution is not clear currently.
Either remove fonts of your system or upgrade to a
newer version for the X server.

Remember that all these remarks are mostly speculative
and that I have no experience of this problem.

Gerard