Interesting Note

Hello meldell32bit at NOSPAMhotmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:53:49 CDT 2001

OK, so right, I shouldn't have let Wine be able to write to the Fat32 hard
drive, now I know for next time. The question is, though, why did it do
that? What happened was, I was running notepad.exe in Wine, and I went to
open a text file. Every folder that I browsed through, Wine removed its
contents and placed it into something like $!$!$!$!$!.333, the 333 being the
first three digits of the original folder's name... weird... Is this a clash
between Ext2 and Fat32, or something else? I'm glad at least none of the
data was removed completely...phew!