MYOB

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sat Apr 7 20:07:53 CDT 2001

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Stuart Park wrote:

> I am trying to get a Windows application called "MYOB"
> (Mind Your Own Business - an Australian business accounting program)
> working with wine.
>
> It almost works.. selecting the sample company works good with
> all the functions, but when trying to selecting a particular data
> file it fails with the following:
>
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufA)
> imported from shell32.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> err:win32:fixup_imports No implementation for shlwapi.dll.0(StrRetToBufW)
> imported from shell32.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
Any mixture of builtin and native among the shell/sh dlls, such as
builtin shell32 + native shlwapi = 0xdeadbeef.  (wine builtins do _not_
import unimplemented functions).

set [DllOverrides]
"shell"    = "builtin"
"shlwapi"  = "builtin"
"shfolder" = "builtin"
"shell32"  = "builtin"

(I use
"*"       = "builtin, so, native"
and

[AppDefaults\\juno.exe\\DllOverrides]
"msvcrt"       = "native"
"riched32"     = "native"
"crtdll"       = "native"

)

or it _might_ work to supply native shell, shell32, shlwapi, and
shfolder and overide them _all_ to native.  Better to use builtin if at
all possible.

> fixme:font:SetMapperFlags (0x0048, 0x00000000): stub - harmless
> fixme:font:SetMapperFlags (0x0048, 0x00000000): stub - harmless
> fixme:font:SetMapperFlags (0x0048, 0x00000000): stub - harmless
> fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00002000 not yet implemented
> err:win:WINPOS_GetWinOffset bad hwndFrom = ffff0138
>
> I am assuming it is the "GetFileName95" that is causing the problem.
Maybe not.  The function works, it just doesn't do anything special
about that flag.

If it is getting an unhandled exception, it might well be the deadbeef.
> Is there a way around this?
>
> It would be excellent if I get this working with wine, as I could then
> use it in conjunction with StarOffice and not have to keep rebooting back
> into Windows all the time.

Lawson
	  >< Microsoft free environment
This mail client runs on Wine.  Your mileage may vary.
---cut here---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.