Red Alert under WINE

Matt Ng bgc_fan at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:17:56 CDT 2001

As a suggestion, you might want to upgrade to a newer version of wine (if
possible), I'm guessing that was a version built last October? I vaguely
remember having problems with wine versions in that time period.
Um, I have my "c" partition as a regular ext2 partition, but I don't
think that makes a difference.
I also forgot to ask, by any chance do you have another lightweight window
manager available? Say something like fvwm? You might give that a try as well.
Personally I used to run wine using that window manager because it wasn't
behaving well under afterstep at the time.
As for sound, do you mean you have a sound card installed and don't have
it working under linux or do you just not have a card? Either way, it
might be a problem.

BTW I'm just speaking from experience, I don't have any real knowledge of
the guts of wine. I'm just hoping something will work out for you.