openGL problem ? success for CAD

mmor0931 morzynski at stanton.bmd.put.poznan.pl
Sun Apr 8 03:31:11 CDT 2001

> >I started SolidWorks (3D CAD program) with wine.
> >As soon as I go from 2D sketch to 3D solid the
> >screen is becoming black. One can see some
> >lines as it is rotated. The same is for wireframe
> >and rendered solids. 2D works very good. What
> >can be the reason ? (SW is openGL based)
>
> This is a current problem in Wine... The OpenGL mode mostly only work with
> single-screen applications (ie games) and NOT with CAD like 'top / left /
> front' windows.
>
> To support this would be quite a lot of work to do, so I do not think it
> will happen soon.
>
> --
>                  Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/

I managed to run Rhinoceros, the program using 4 windows for CAD
modeling. It is
just top-left-front window and it works perfect with rendering,
wireframe etc., see
http://www.linux.activnet.pl/art/wine/. Solidworks uses normaly one
window - it is
OK as long as it is a sketch but simple extrude or revolve makes the
screen black
with something like this:

fixme:gdi:AngleArc AngleArc, stub
fixme:gdi:AngleArc AngleArc, stub
fixme:gdi:AngleArc AngleArc, stub
err:tooltips:TOOLTIPS_Timer How did this happen?
fixme:treeview:TREEVIEW_DoSelectItem FIRSTVISIBLE not implemented
fixme:treeview:TREEVIEW_DoSelectItem FIRSTVISIBLE not implemented
err:opengl:X11DRV_DescribePixelFormat Wrong pixel format !
fixme:dc:GetDCEx new hrgnClip[0000] smashes the previous[8c96]
err:opengl:X11DRV_DescribePixelFormat Wrong pixel format !

Who can read it ?

Marek Morzynski