My "needs". Can Wine be a solution for me?.

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 04:39:17 CDT 2001

In article <jb6ta9.vv2.ln at tux.localhost>, Pifias <jluiscanales-
estosobra at eresmas.net> writes
>Hello all:
>
>I need to use MS Access 97 and MS Word 97 in my job. I need too to visit
>every day a web that is designed to be viewed exclusively with MS Internet
>Explorer.
>
>These are the things that keep me attached to Windows 98. I tried to solve
>the paranoic constant rebooting of the computer with a VMWare virtual
>machine but it's too resource-wasting.

agreed (I've got vmware  - but rarely use it.)
try win4lin (www.netraverse.com) - much more lightweight, and faster
(YMMV)  - usually works ok on M$ office stuff (less well on games, I
hear) . There's a demo and it's not too expensive.

But keep coming back to wine (eg for games...)
Bob
--
robert w hall