Pagemaker Problems again (was: Pagemaker 6.5 Problems Wine-Message)

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 12 05:37:49 CDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:49:03 +0200, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn?= Berg
<bjoern at bbinternet.de> wrote:

>In which way should I integrate the patch. I copied the lines of the
>Mailinglist to a text editor and saved it first. But what are the next
>steps.

If you have enough space, save the whole wine tree.
go to the root of your wine source installation.
enter

patch ---dry-run -p 1 <mypatch.txt

It should return only one error (on the last chunk), like that:

patching file dlls/ntdll/debugtools.c
patching file include/debugtools.h
patching file misc/options.c
patching file windows/defwnd.c
patching file windows/win.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 259.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file windows/win.c.rej

If you get a different output, do not continue; report.

If yes, retry after removing the --dry-run parameter (it will patch
the Wine installation for real then)

Compile.
Install.

Gerard