newbie question to make WINE run with a w2k partition

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Apr 13 12:54:30 CDT 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Yves Leung-Tack wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I just installed Linux on my system (finally !:)
> using Mandrake7.2
> But I have some problem running even the simplest program , notepad.
>
> I entered the command :
> 	wine -winver nt40 -desktop 60x70 /mnt/win_c/winnt/notepad.exe
>
> And I got the following error:
> 	Warning: could not find wine.conf [Drive x] entry for current working
> directory /root; 					starting in windows directory.
> 	err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) MSVCRT.dll needed by
> C:\winnt\notepad.exe not found
>
> Can someone point to me what I am doing wrong ?
>
> I'm usinf wine ver 20000909
>  system, display, wprocs = builtin
>  wineps                  = builtin
>  msvcrt					 = buildin, elfdll

You can't spell worht a dam' for one thing:      ^^^^^^^^^

Way back in September, I don't think the builtin msvcrt was up to much.
You have a native windows notepad.exe, I wonder you don't have a native
windows msvcrt.dll to give it.  I still have to use one for my app, but
I hope that will change soon.

Lawson
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!