Help, guys! Codeweavers Wine error.

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Apr 13 12:49:34 CDT 2001

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

> It's telling me maybe my wineserver crashed.
> How do I restart it?  Logging in and out as user, in and out as root,
> and rebooting did nothing.
> I've had to resort to using (shudder) a Win dose to use Agent again.
> I HATE that!
> Help me, please, to restart my wineserver.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
> --
> Unofficial "Wizard of Odds", A.H.P.
> Original PORG Water Wizard, R.P.
> Ship's "Other Wizard", Bad Ship "BetNoirian", A.C.
> Barely Tolerated Wizard, A.J.L & A.A.L

If you mean this message, are you too smart to even do what it asks you
to do?

Why is it so hard for people to take advice from an error message?

Script started on Fri Apr 13 13:46:24 2001
[whit at giftie wineserver-giftie]$ wine --version
wine: file '/home/whit/.wine/wineserver-giftie/socket' exists,
   but I cannot connect to it; maybe the wineserver has crashed?
   If this is the case, you should remove this socket file and try again.
[whit at giftie wineserver-giftie]$ rm socket
[whit at giftie wineserver-giftie]$ wine --version
Wine release 20010326
[whit at giftie wineserver-giftie]$ exit
exit

Script done on Fri Apr 13 13:47:01 2001

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.