Seeing a cd-rom drive under Wine on Corel Linux

James Harris jas at please.send.no.email
Sun Apr 15 15:02:48 CDT 2001

Thanks to the other posters. I eventually got the access working
by doing two things, both of which seemed necessary: fixed
cd-rom label in wine.conf to be that on the cd (one would expect
it to vary automatically with the particular cd in use) and
killed the automount, manually mounting the cd drive on
/mnt/cdrom1. Unfortunately the app seems to go on to make calls
that wine does not yet support.....

"James Harris" <jas at please.send.no.email> wrote in message
news:9b9dt3$go7$1 at news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Help!! I have tried just about every combination but cannot
get
> my cd-rom to be seen to a Windows app. The app requires its CD
> to be present but gives message "There is no CD-ROM in the
> CD-ROM drive. Please insert the CD-ROM and click Retry or
> Cancel" when I try to start it. The CD is there and I
installed