Stupid question: where is the Preferences box?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Apr 18 01:14:58 CDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Ian Pilcher wrote:

> I get the same message on Windows 2000 after running regclean, so it's
> looking in the registry for something.

Well, I guess it is not a wine bug, then.  I think it is looking for the
name of a directory it can create in Temp, - and neglect to remove when
it crashes - but I don't know what it calls it to look for it, if you
can make sense out of that.  Sort of like a tempnam or mkstemp, but for
a directory.  I think it just appends what it gets (nothing) onto Temp
and tries to create it, and when that fails it complains that Temp does
not exist - after it was just bloody well told that it does, that is why
we can't create it for you.  I don't much care for windows programs :-)
> --
> Ian Pilcher                                         ian.pilcher at home.com
Lawson

| We apologize if this message has reached you in error.
| Save the Planet, Save the Trees! Advertise via E mail.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.