SuSE 7.1: What Wine package?.

Pifias jluiscanales_estosobra_ at retemail.net
Wed Apr 18 06:41:29 CDT 2001

Hello all:

I use a SuSE 7.1 Linux distro. It has a December-2000 version of Wine.
I tried to update by compiling an src.rpm of Wine. Compilation was OK but
when I installed the resulting rpm it dind´n work. Programs broke down
some moments after launching them. Config file has the same options it had
when I was using SuSE´s rpm of Wine.

I don´t know what Wine package is the appropiate for using on SuSE 7.1.
(It runs Glibc 2.2, XFree 4.0.3, ALSA drivers for sound, etc. All required
packages mentioned on Wine´s web page are installed on my system.

SuSE´s wine package let me run Forté Agent and GetRight. Other programs that
are mentioned to run OK with Wine don´t run when I launch them with the version
I have on my system.

Any SuSE 7.1 user here?