Win2K registry not loading correctly

Benjamin Greiner benjamin.greiner at gmx.net
Thu Apr 19 19:30:28 CDT 2001

Hi,
I've noticed that my Win2K registry just won't load correctly. In Win2K
regedit nothing shows up at all - not even home registry values - and in
Win98 regedit (running in my w2k configured wine) only few values show
up, I believe those are my home registry values. Here's the relevant
stuff from config, built with winesetup:

[Drive H]
"Path" = "/mnt/winnt"
"Type" = "hd"
"Device" = ""
"FS" = "win95"

[wine]
"Windows" = "H:\\WINNT"
"System" = "H:\\WINNT\\system32"
"Temp" = "x:\\"
"Path" = "H:\\WINNT;H:\\WINNT\\system32;x:\\"
"Profile" = "D:\\Dokumente und Einstellungen\\Administrator"
"GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"

[registry]
"LoadGlobalRegistryFiles" = "Y"
"LoadHomeRegistryFiles" = "Y"
"LoadWindowsRegistryFiles" = "Y"
"WritetoHomeRegistryFiles" = "Y"
"SaveOnlyUpdatedKeys" = "Y"

I think I remember that Win98 registry loading worked fine, however,
since all my stuff is installed in my w2k system I thought it'd be better
to make wine use that. I fooled around with --winver and stuff, to no
avail. I have read permission on the NTFS winnt partiton and created the
necessary empty "zzz" files in each directory to kill the dreaded "NTFS
last file not found bug", as I call it.

Is there a way to load a w2k registry in wine?

Thanks,
<bg>