Any success with wine 20010418 and MS Office Viewers?

Jakob Eriksson dat95jen at mds.mdh.se
Fri Apr 20 10:35:50 CDT 2001

Microsoft has free viewers for MS Word and Excel file formats.
Has anyone had any success with these and Wine 20010418?

I had some success (could install at least) with the Win16
word viewer, but now I couldn't even install any of them.
Wine just locks up.

If anyone wants to try it out, I have the 16- and 32-bit
version of the Word viewer + the 32-bit Excel viewer here:

        (<a href="http://vmlinux.org/jakov/msviewers.tar">)

http://vmlinux.org/jakov/msviewers.tar

        (</a>)

(Yes, it's legal to redistribute them, actually MS wants
 you to.)

Jakob