Runtime error with winelib and CreateMutex()

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Apr 20 12:12:50 CDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Jerry Thomas wrote:

> Tried to run the executable:
>
> 1677 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ ls -l WinelibTest
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 jto      jto            13 Apr 19 17:37 WinelibTest ->
> /usr/bin/wine
> 1678 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ WinelibTest
> Invoking /wine  ...
> Wine failed with return code 127

Whose clever idea was winelauncher?

> and the shared object:
>
> 1679 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ WINEPRELOAD=WinelibTest.so wine
> Wine called with no arguments.
> Invoking /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin  ...
>
> but without success.
>
> Sorry to be so thick, but I must be missing something really simple here.

The problem is you are using an install of wine that is meant to be user
friendly.  IME user-friendly is program-developer-hostile.

It has wrapped the wine executable inside a shell script, so when you
think you are running wine you are really running what I know as
winelauncher.  I don't know how that is 'spoze to work for winelib
programs, but I don't think it accounts for you trying to make a winelib
program of your own.

try (in the directory where WinelibTest.so is)

WINEPRELOAD=./WinelibTest.so /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin

(if /opt/wine/bin is in PATH, you don't need it on the command line, but
I am not taking any chances :-)
Or also you can remove the old symbolic link and make one to to
/opt/wine/bin/wine.bin.
(again in the directory where WinelibTest.so is)

ln -s /opt/wine/bin/wine.bin WinelibTest

Lawson

By the accident of what statisticians call birth... - Richard Fariña
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.