PostScript driver config change *REQUIRED*

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:04:27 CDT 2001

Dan Engel wrote:

> Ian Pilcher wrote:
>
> > The PostScript driver doesn't look in the config file for the PPD file
> > name anymore; it now looks for a printer-specific file in the registry.
> > Look in documentation/psdrv.reg for details.
> >

> Having made this change in configuration, I've gotten a message box
> explaining that there is a problem with the printer driver.  On looking at
> the debug messages, I've found the following, on return from the
> LOADLIBRARY for the internal wineps driver:
>
> warn:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen cannot open .so lib for builtin wineps.drv:
> libwineps.drv.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Doing the obvious hack, making a symlink named libwineps.drv.so, pointing
> to libwineps.so, and then running ldconfig, the message changes to:
>
> err:module:BUILTIN_LoadModule loaded .so but dll wineps.drv still not found
>
> So, it appears that there's a disconnect somewhere on what the name of the
> dll is.  The name is actually wineps.dll, but something expects it to be
> wineps.drv.dll.
>
> I haven't looked beyond that. . . any other takers?

I don't have any answers, but I can say that the configuration change
worked fine for me. I do not have a libwineps.drv.so, linked or
otherwise, nor do I have wineps.dll, only libwineps.so. I can get
obscure messages like this:

trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WINEPS.DLL' : builtin

which, since C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WINEPS.DLL does not exist, I assume means
that it loaded libwineps.so.