Wine and '@|\'

tschweikle at fkn.de tschweikle at fkn.de
Mon Apr 23 12:54:23 CDT 2001

>> Since I didn't find anything about this topic:
>> how do I enable these special characters '@', '\' in Wine?
>> If I type them on my german keyboard, it just beeps. I can't
>> enter these. In a Wine-Application. With native applications
>> they work. All of them are combinations of 'alt' with some
>> other keys --- with a german keyboard I have to type 'alt-q'
>> to get '@'.
>>
>> Any idea?
>
> Yes, check the Wine version you are using. This used to not
> work but has been fixed since quite a long time.

Ok, tried to compile the latest wine version (since I have 20001204).
Compiled clean. But dies starting applications like notes or others.
Notepad.exe or other simple applications work.

Looks like I am stuck with this 'ancient wine version I have...'.

OS: SuSE Linux 7.1, Wine 20001204, Wine tried: 20010418

--
Thomas