Runtime error with winelib and CreateMutex()

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Apr 23 12:46:12 CDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:55:59 -0100, Jerry Thomas <jto at consegna.co.uk>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> >1133 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ WinelibTest
> >wine: could not exec wineserver
>
> Wine tries to launch an auxiliary app : the wineserver
> (whose function is roughly to manage inter-process
> synchronization). It can't execute it, very probably for
> the main reason an app can't be executed everywhere,
> it's not at the expected location.
>
> The logic for finding the wineserver is in scheduler/client.c
> (you will see that you can - for example - set the path to the
> wineserver  executable in the WINESERVER environment variable)
> Wine is searched from the  directory it was started from -
> my guess is that it's trying to launch from the symbolic link
> directory.
>
> Understanding the tools you use helps to make them work.
>
> Gerard

My guess is that /opt/wine/bin is not in the PATH.  It may comply with
the filesystem standard, but...

I wish codeweavers hadn't messed with --prefix.  There is really nothing
wrong with /usr/local.

Ohhh, winelauncher sets PATH, of course, so if we don't use
winelauncher...  Jerry, just get a current copy of Wine and it will all
just work :-).

Lawson

Well, perhaps we shall see.
---cut here