Wine emptied my Program Files directory

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Apr 24 03:08:09 CDT 2001

Steve Varadi <svaradi at usa.com> wrote:
: I installed wine from SuSE 7.1 CD it was smooth and quick and WORKING!!!:))
: but when I reboot to Windows I did not see any shortcut on my Desktop (just
: only standard icons, like new windows) My Program Files directory almost
: empty. I found Program Files/Uninstall Information directory with two new
: directory:
: /Program Files/Uninstall Information/ConnectionConfiguration
: /Program Files/Uninstall Information/IE.HKCUZoneInfo

: I found my ALL Program Files moved under
: /!$!$!$!$.pfr directory and lost every  original shortcuts.

: I can start programs from Start menu, but no shortcut.:((
: What went wrong?? How can I restore my original Windows settings, without
: loosing the wine access??

Read the zillion threads over this problems in the archive...
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de