Runtime error with winelib and CreateMutex()

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Apr 24 11:11:52 CDT 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Jerry Thomas wrote:

> I'm not ready to give up just yet, and will follow your suggestion to
> use the current release instead of codeweaver.   Hold on to your hat!
>
> Sorry 'bout that - I didn't recognize it as a path problem.

There are so many wine newbies who don't know what a path is, I get a
little crotchety sometimes.

> But either way, it just wants to core dump:
>
> 1184 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ echo $PATH
> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/wine/bin
> 1185 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ echo $WINESERVER
> /opt/wine/bin/wineserver
> 1186 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$ ./WinelibTest
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> 1187 ~/Work/Wine/WinelibTest$  WINEPRELOAD=./WinelibTest.so wine.bin
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Let's see what happens with the latest release.

Good idea.  If it still dumps core, maybe the program _is_ committing a
segment fault.  There must be more to it than that little sample with
the cout << and the CreateMutex.  You can always try gdb on the core
file.  I've found a couple of my own mistakes that way.

> [snip]
>
> And I do appreciate all the hand-holding.
>
> Gerard:  Thanks to you as well.
>
> Jerry

Lawson
---cut here